CPR RECERTIFICATION COURSES
The online recertification courses in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) are made available for veterinary professionals that have taken the original online veterinary CPR courses based on the evidence-based RECOVER CPR guideline. The certificates that were granted are valid for a 2-year period, at which point the veterinary professionals are required to complete the recertification courses in order to renew their certification status.
The online recertification courses are also used as requirements to maintain one’s status as a RECOVER Ceritifed Rescuer or RECOVER Certified Instructor.
Who Should Take This Course?
Veterinary professionals who have:
- Taken the online BLS and/or ALS course more than 2 years ago.
- Certified as a RECOVER Certified Rescuer more than 2 years ago.
- Certified as a RECOVER Certified Instructor more than 2 years ago.
There are two ways in which recertification courses can be accessed through this page:
- Legacy Online Course Completions: Individuals that have taken the BLS or ALS online courses through sources outside of the RECOVER website. These sources may be ones such as Veritas, eCornell, and others that have licensed the courses with Cornell University.
- RECOVER Online Course Completions: Individuals that have taken the BLS and/or ALS course(s) through the RECOVER website and has 2 years elapsed since completion.
If you believe you are in one of the two categories above but have not received a recertification notification email or the recertification course access buttons are not displaying, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Should you need any technical support while taking the online course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have 5 or more people registering for your organization, please contact us through the Group Rate Request Form.
Students who successfully complete both courses in this certificate program receive a CPR: Basic Life Support Certificate and a CPR: Advanced Life Support Certificate from the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (http://www.acvecc.org) valid for 2 years.
RECOVER CPR: Basic and Advanced Life Support Recertification courses are the only veterinary BLS and ALS recertification courses endorsed by the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (http://www.veccs.org).
BLS – RACE Credits: 0.5 | NY Credits: 0.5
ALS – RACE Credits: 1.5 | NY Credits: 1.5